Postdoc Ad

Miklos Redei redei at hps.elte.hu
Mon Oct 11 22:56:24 CEST 2004

Dear Colleagues,

I am forwarding an ad for a post doc position at the Perimeter
Institute.

Miklos Redei
Department of History and Philosophy of Science    other email:
Faculty of Sciences, Lorand Eotvos University      redei at ludens.elte.hu
Postal address:                                    fax: +36-1-372-2924
P.O. Box 32
H-1518 Budapest 112                                phone:+36-1-209-0555/6678
Hungary
                          http://hps.elte.hu/~redei

TITLE:          Postdoctoral

INSTITUTE:  Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics
            Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

 DEADLINE:   15 November 2004
 FIELD:         Theoretical Physics
 ABSTRACT:
 Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics invites applications for
 postdoctoral positions beginning in the Fall of 2005. We have existing
 strengths in the areas of quantum gravity, string theory, quantum
 information theory, and foundations of quantum theory. We will consider
 applications in all of these areas. Exceptional applicants in related
 areas, such as cosmology and elementary particle physics, are encouraged
 to apply. The postdoctoral positions are normally for a period of three
 years. Outstanding candidates may also be considered for a senior
 postdoctoral positions with a five-year term. Perimeter Institute is
 located in Waterloo, Canada and opened in September 2001 as an
 independent institute supporting research in foundational areas of
 theoretical physics. There are currently eight long-term researchers:
 Jaume Gomis, Daniel Gottesman, Lucien Hardy, Raymond Laflamme, Fotini
 Markopoulou, Michele Mosca, Robert Myers and Lee Smolin; and three
 associate members: Alex Buchel, Ashwin Nayak and Maxim Pospelov.
 Currently, we also have a complement of more than 20 postdoctoral
 fellows and a very active visitor programme. The Institute is expected
 to expand over the next few years to approximately 40 researchers in
 residence and up to 25 visitors and associate members at any given time.
 The Institute is autonomous but has close cooperative ties with several
 nearby universities and research institutions, including the University
 of Waterloo. For more detailed information about Perimeter Institute
 please visit www.perimeterinstitute.ca. Applicants interested in
 applying for these postdoctoral positions should follow the online
 application procedure at the above website. The deadline for
 postdoctoral applications is November 15, 2004; however, later
 applications will be accepted until all positions are filled.

Mail group "philphys"
ESF Network for Philosophical and
Foundational Problems of Modern Physics
Help & Archive: http://philosophy.elte.hu/philphys.html