Arguments (inferences) in physics

Pentcho Valev valevp at bas.bg
Wed Jan 26 08:24:58 CET 2005

Steven,

It is so difficult to initiate a discussion on a serious mailing list and
the reason, I am afraid, are interferences like yours. Let us assume you
are right and my writings are extremely incompetent, mad etc. Still why
should the question "Should a physical theory that has been proved to be an
inconsistency be rejected?" be only given the answer " firm 'no', or at
least 'not necessarily' "? Is that enough? Would another incompetent person
decide to raise a problem on the list knowing that he/she may be called
"mad" as a result? I simply don't understand your ethics.

Pentcho