Sawyier Fellowship (fwd)

Miklos Redei REDEI at ludens.elte.hu
Wed Sep 7 12:05:02 CEST 2005

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date:    Tue, 6 Sep 2005 08:56:49 -0500
From:    Warren Schmaus <schmaus at IIT.EDU>
Subject: teaching fellowships at IIT

[...]

We at IIT are pleased to announce the search for two new Sawyier Fellows
this year.  At least some of the specialties we're looking for this time
could overlap with HOPOS work.  Please feel free to distribute this ad widely.

ILLINOIS INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY, CHICAGO, IL.  Fay Horton Sawyier
Pre-Doctoral Teaching Fellowships in Philosophy.  One year, renewable for a
second year.  Begins August 2006.  We intend to appoint two
fellows.  Candidates should have a specialty in one or more of the
following areas:  philosophy of physics, philosophy of economics,
philosophy of religion, or non-Western philosophy.  Teaching
responsibilities consist of one upper-level undergraduate philosophy course
and one lower-level humanities course each semester.  Salary $32,500 per
year plus benefits.  Candidates must have completed all the requirements
for the Ph. D. except for the dissertation.  IIT is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.  Send cover letter, curriculum
vitae, three letters of recommendation, and a writing sample to:  Warren
Schmaus, Pre-Doctoral Search Committee Chair; Lewis Department of
Humanities; Illinois Institute of Technology; 3301 S. Dearborn, Chicago, IL
60616.  Deadline:  November 23,
2005.  Email:  <mailto:schmaus at iit.edu>schmaus at iit.edu.  Telephone:  (312)
567-3465.

Best wishes,