No subject

Guido Bacciagaluppi Guido.Bacciagaluppi at univ-paris1.fr
Mon Oct 23 20:08:54 CEST 2006

Dear Friends and Colleagues,

our first philosophy of physics seminar in Paris
this academic year will be

 	"Dark energy, vacuum fluctuations, and
 	microscopic irreversibility"

 	Michael Mackey (McGill)
 	http://www.cnd.mcgill.ca/people_mackey.html

 	Friday 27 October, 16:30-18:30,
 	library (salle 315) at CREA
 	(25, rue de la Montagne Sainte-Geneviève
 	[due to the possibility of checks at the
 	entrance, please have a form of ID with you]).

This is likely to be the last talk I shall be
directly involved in organising in Paris for a while,
since I am moving in November to the Centre for Time,
University of Sydney ( http://www.usyd.edu.au/time/ ).

Philosophy of physics in Paris is planned to continue
more or less as usual. Please note in particular
that IHPST has advertised a post-doc position in
philosophy of physics; see

http://www-ihpst.univ-paris1.fr/rub.php?lng=en&cat=_philo&rub=r05&srub=02&ssrub=01&sssrub=&m2rub=4

Finally, I am glad to announce that a version of the
book on the 1927 Solvay conference by Antony Valentini
and myself is available on the archive; see

 	http://xxx.arxiv.org/abs/quant-ph/0609184

 			Yours,
 				Guido

--
Guido Bacciagaluppi
Institut d'Histoire et de Philosophie des Sciences et des Techniques