[PhilPhys] Center for Philosophy of Science Bulletin, Sept. 2, 2009

Center for Philosophy pittcntr+ at pitt.edu
Thu Sep 3 22:33:42 CEST 2009

We welcome our 2009-10 Visiting Fellows and Postdoctoral Fellows.  Arriving
this month: Lisa Damm, Natalie Gold, Lydia Patton, Slobodan Perovic,
Athanassios Raftopoulos, Mark Sprevak, and Drozdstoj Stoyanov.

Speakers this month are Nicholas Rescher, Natalie Gold, Kristin
Shrader-Frechette, Slobodan Perovic, and Lisa Damm.  See Calendar on the
Center Web site for details: www.pitt.edu/~pittcntr

Please join us for:

Peterfest: a workshop in honor of Peter Machamer, 24 October 2009,

Francis Crick Biography Workshop, 20 November 2009, and

Pitt-Paris II, a workshop on Emergence and Reduction, 11-13 December 2009.

Call for papers for Newton and Empiricism

Interested in visiting?
Through its Visiting Fellows and Postdoctoral Programs the Center for
Philosophy of Science invites philosophers of science to work in the Center
for a term or a year.

Details about events and programs can be found on the Center Web site:
www.pitt.edu/~pittcntr

Center for Philosophy of Science
University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA  USA
John D. Norton, Director

For all inquiries or to be removed from our email list,
pittcntr at pitt.edu
412-624-1052