[PhilPhys] Call for papers - 16th UK and European meeting on the Foundations of Physics

James Ladyman james.ladyman at bristol.ac.uk
Sun Feb 14 22:04:31 CET 2010

Dear All

It is very regrettable that the Foundations of Physics conference
should clash with the British Society for the Philosophy of Science
annual conference in Dublin on 8th and 9th July.

Did the committee of the Society know about the clash when it agreed
to give financial support?

There is normally quite a bit of philosophy of physics in the BSPS
programme and indeed I have submitted a philosophy of physics paper
myself - is it too late to avoid this clash?

Best wishes
James

On 14 Feb 2010, at 17:05, Guido Bacciagaluppi wrote:

> ----------
>
> Call for papers - 16th UK and European meeting on the Foundations
> of Physics

> ----------
>
> Dear Friends and Colleagues,
>
> This year's foundations of physics conference will (at last) take
> place
> 6-9 July at the University of Aberdeen. Format and scope will be
> similar to those of previous years. See
> http://www.abdn.ac.uk/ukfoundations2010/ for details.
>
> Submissions are encouraged for talks or posters on any topic related
> to the foundations or philosophy of physics.  Please submit a title
> and abstract (200-400 words) together with your contact details by
> email to cpd at abdn.ac.uk subject line 'Submission - Foundations of
> Physics 2010'.
>
> If you submitted already when the conference was first announced in
> 2009, we can use your previous submission materials. Please send a
> brief email to cpd at abdn.ac.uk to this effect if you wish us to do so.
>
> Deadline for submissions is *Monday 22 March 2010*.  Decisions on the
> submissions should be expected by the beginning of May.
>
> Financial support from the following institutions is gratefully
> acknowledged:
>
> •Scots Philosophical Association (SPA)
> •British Society for the Philosophy of Science (BSPS)
> •Centre for the History of Science, Technology and Medicine (CHSTM),
> University of Aberdeen
> •Royal Institute of Philosophy (RIP)
>
> Please note that no financial assistance will be available to
> participants other than the reduced conference fee for students made
> possible through the support by the BSPS.
>
> With best wishes,
>
> Guido Bacciagaluppi
> Department of Philosophy
> University of Aberdeen
> Old Brewery
> High Street
> Aberdeen AB24 3UB
> U.K.
>

> --
> Ce message a ete verifie par MailScanner
> pour des virus ou des polluriels et rien de
> suspect n'a ete trouve.

> PhilPhys - Philosophy of Physics Mail Group
> Help & Archives: http://phil.elte.hu/PhilPhys

Professor James Ladyman
Department of Philosophy
University of Bristol