[PhilPhys] Spontaneous Generations Journal - Latest Issue on Economic Aspects of Science

HAPSAT hapsat at gmail.com
Mon Nov 25 11:23:15 CET 2013

I am happy to announce that Issue #7 of *Spontaneous Generations* (
http://spontaneousgenerations.library.utoronto.ca/) has been published!
This year's focused discussion covers "Economic Aspects of Science." The
issue includes contributions from Esther-Mirjam Sent, Mark Brown, Steven
Fuller, David Tyfield, and many others. Our table of contents is below, and
you can find my editor's introduction here:

http://spontaneousgenerations.library.utoronto.ca/index.php/SpontaneousGenerations/article/view/20379
.

Expect our next issue, with a focused discussion entitled "Science and
Social Inequality: Gender, Race, and Class in Science," in fall 2014.

Best,

Mike Thicke

Editor-in-Chief (Outgoing), Spontaneous Generations

PhD Candidate

IHPST, University of Toronto

*Table of Contents*

*Focused Discussion*

-      Economic Aspects of Science: Editor's Introduction – Mike Thicke

-      The Economics of Science in Historical and Disciplinary Perspective
- Esther-Mirjam Sent

-      On Commodification and the Progress of Knowledge in Society: A
Defence - Steve Fuller

-      Public University Funding and the Privatization of Politics - Mark B
Brown

-      Transition to Science 2.0: "Remoralizing" the Economy of Science -
David Tyfield

-      The Political Economy of Technoscience: An Emerging Research Agenda
- Kean Birch

-      The Evolutionary Economics of Science - Marion Blute

-      Economic Aspects of Biobanking - Andrew Turner, Clara
Dallaire-Fortier,Madeleine J Murtagh

*Articles*

-      Computer Versus Vicroscope: Visual Activity Fields of Instruments in
the Information Age - Mauro Turrini

*Reviews*

-      REVIEW: David Tyfield, The Economics of Science: A Critical Realist
Overview, Volumes 1 and 2 - Mike Thicke

-      REVIEW: Paul Feyerabend, The Tyranny of Science - Daniel Rozell

-      REVIEW: Alexandra Rutherford, Beyond the Box: B.F. Skinner's
Technology of Behaviour from Laboratory to Life, 1950s-1970s - Jennifer
Fraser