[PhilPhys] Final CFA: The Semantics of Theories (MCMP/LMU Munich, 23-25 June 2016)

Erik Curiel erik at strangebeautiful.com
Wed Jan 6 21:12:19 CET 2016

The Munich Center for Mathematical Philosophy invites abstracts for
the following event:

THE SEMANTICS OF THEORIES

MCMP, LMU Munich
23-25 June 2016
http://www.semanticsoftheories2016.philosophie.uni-muenchen.de/

The problem of the semantics of theories is of central and fundamental
importance in all branches and topics of philosophy of science. This
conference aims at bringing together leading proponents and critics of
all major schools of thought on the problem.  See the home-page of the
conference's website
(http://www.semanticsoftheories2016.philosophie.uni-muenchen.de/) for
a more thorough description of the aims of the conference, and the
topics we would like to see treated by contributed papers.

CALL FOR ABSTRACTS:

We invite the submission of paper abstracts for the conference.
Abstracts should include a title, a brief abstract (up to 100 words),
and a full abstract (up to 1000 words), blinded for peer review. They
should be PDF files, submitted to the conference's EasyChair account
(https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=tsot2016). We will select 8
submissions for presentation at the conference.

DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: 10 Jan. 2016
DATE OF NOTIFICATION: 07 Feb. 2016

We plan to publish the proceedings of the conference as a dedicated
book. Several major publishing houses (Springer, Cambridge University
Press, Oxford University Press) are being now approached to try to
secure a contract for its publication, with the joint organizers (Erik
Curiel and Sebastian Lutz) as co-editors.

We are committed to fostering diversity and equality in our programs.
Submissions from underrepresented groups are particularly welcome. The
conference will be organized and run under the MCMP's code of conduct
(http://www.mcmp.philosophie.uni-muenchen.de/events/event-policy/index.html).

Dates and Deadines

Deadline for submission: 10 Jan. 2016
Date of Notification: 07 Feb. 2016
Deadline for registration: 01 June 2016

Organizers

Erik Curiel
(erik.curiel at lmu.de)
and Sebastian Lutz
(sebastian.lutz at lrz.uni-muenchen.de)

--
Erik Curiel

Postdoctoral Fellow
Munich Center for Mathematical Philosophy
Lehrstuhl für Wissenschaftstheorie
Fakultät für Philosophie, Wissenschaftstheorie und Religionswissenschaft
Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität
Ludwigstraße 31
80539 München, Deutschland

http://strangebeautiful.com