[PhilPhys] Fw: Leeds Realism and the Quantum workshops

Steven French S.R.D.French at leeds.ac.uk
Tue Aug 23 09:52:32 CEST 2016

There will be three workshops in association with 'Scientific Realism and the Quantum' project in September 2016.

University of Leeds

Centre for the History and Philosophy of Science

--------------------------------

Decoherence in the Philosophy of Quantum Physics

Friday 2. September, 2016 | Time: 9:30 - 18:00

Speakers: Guido Bacciagaluppi, Elise Crull, Simon Newey, Claus Kiefer, Nahuel Sznajderhaus, Chris Timpson.

--------------------------------

Composition in Physics: Superposition and Fundamentality

Thursday 8. September, 2016 | Time: 9:30 - 18:00

Speakers: Claudio Calosi, Fabio Ceravolo, Douglas Earl, Brigitte Falkenburg, Katherine Hawley, Claudio Calosi

--------------------------------

Scientific Realism and Quantum Field Theory

Saturday 24. September, 2016 | Time: 11:30 - 18:00 (tbc)

Speakers: Tomasz Bigaj, Adam Caulton, James Fraser, Fred Muller, Laura Ruetsche.

For details of all three workshops and how to register see:  http://arts.leeds.ac.uk/raq/events/

These workshops are part of the ARHC Scientific Realism and the Quantum Project.

http://arts.leeds.ac.uk/raq

Steven French
Professor of Philosophy of Science
School of Philosophy, Religion and History of Science
University of Leeds
Leeds LS2 9JT
UK

Email: s.r.d.french at leeds.ac.uk
http://www.leeds.ac.uk/arts/people/20048/philosophy/person/902/steven_french

Co-Editor-in-Chief of the British Journal for the Philosophy of Science: http://bjps.oxfordjournals.org
Follow us on Twitter:@thebjps<http://www.twitter.com/@thebjps>
and read our blog: http://thebjps.typepad.com/my-blog/

I am currently participating in the UCU work to contract in support of my union's campaign for fair pay, closing the gender-pay-gap and eliminating casualization in Universities. This may result in my taking longer than usual to reply to your email. For more information on this dispute see: https://www.ucu.org.uk/he2016