[PhilPhys] Center for Philosophy of Science Bulletin, September 2016

Center for Philosophy of Science pittcntr at pitt.edu
Tue Sep 6 17:28:56 CEST 2016

We welcome our new visitors:  Yann Benetreau-Dupin, Matthew Brown, Anjan Chakravarrty, Alison Fernandes, Tobias Henschen, Kareem Khalifa, Daniele Muttini, and Viorel Paslaru.  In the spring term, Mikael Cozic, Sharon Crasnow, Greg Frost-Arnold, and Catherine Kendig will join us.  For more, click on "Visiting Fellows" on the Center Web site:  www.pitt.edu/~pittcntr<http://www.pitt.edu/~pittcntr>.

Speakers this month are Nicholas Rescher, Vassiliki Betty Smocovitis, Roberto Fumagalli, Maria Kaiser, and Tobias Henschen.  See the Calendar for details: www.pitt.edu/~pittcntr<http://www.pitt.edu/~pittcntr>.

Please join us for:

Reductionism and Integration, Bioethics and Behavior:
A Conference Celebrating the Career of Kenneth F. Schaffner
23-24 September 2016

Descartes Day III

Also happening here:
Dept. of Philosophy Conference,
Perceptual Experience and Empirical Reason
21-23 October 2016

Details about programs and events can be found on the Center Web site
www.pitt.edu/~pittcntr<http://www.pitt.edu/~pittcntr>

Center for Philosophy of Science
University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA  USA
Edouard Machery, Director

For all inquiries,
pittcntr at pitt.edu<mailto:pittcntr at pitt.edu>
412-624-1052