[PhilPhys] Center for Philosophy of Science Bulletin, Jan. 2017

Center for Philosophy of Science pittcntr at pitt.edu
Fri Jan 6 18:19:41 CET 2017

We welcome new Fellows this term:  Mikael Cozic, Sharon Crasnow, Greg Frost-Arnold, and Catherine Kendig.
Watch our "5-Minute Fellows" video series on YouTube.
VIDEOS available on the Center website:  www.pitt.edu/~pittcntr

Application process is now open for undergraduate students to attend our new Summer Program initiative for underrepresented groups in Philosophy of Science.
Check out PSP1 SUMMER PROGRAM on the website.

Speakers this month are Nicholas Rescher, Catherine Kendig, Eva Jablonka, and Mikael Cozic.  See events "calendar" for details.

JOIN US FOR:
Hermes and the Telescope: Author Meets Critics

Scientific Knowledge Under Pluralism
31 March - 1 April 2017

Philosophy of Science: The Pragmatic Alternative
21-22 April 2017

ALSO HAPPENING:
Wesley C. Salmon Memorial Lecture by Bas van Fraassen
13 January 2017, 3:30 pm, 817R Cathedral of Learning

You can follow the Center on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter! And, NOW watch us on YouTube!

Find links at www.pitt.edu/~pittcntr

Center for Philosophy of Science
University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA
Edouard Machery, Director

For all inquiries:
pittcntr at pitt.edu<mailto:pittcntr at pitt.edu>
412-624-1052