[PhilPhys] Center for Philosophy of Science Bulletin, September 2017

Center for Philosophy of Science pittcntr at pitt.edu
Wed Sep 6 18:29:52 CEST 2017

We welcome our new visitors:  Colin Allen, Pablo Acuna Luongo, Geoffrey Gorham, Matthias Neuber, Daniel Wilkenfeld, James Fraser, and Karen Kovaka.  In the spring term, Vincenz Fano, Ulrich Gahde, James Justus, Chris Meyns, and Armin Schulz will join us.  For more, click on “Visiting Fellows” on the Center Web site.

Speakers this month are Nicholas Rescher, Geoffrey Gorham, Matthias Neuber, Robert Batterman, Pablo Acuna Luongo, and Colin Allen.  See the Calendar for details.

Please join us for:

Neuroethics of Implantable Brain Stimulation Devices

at the University Club

Super-PAC: Early Career Workshop in Philosophy of Astrophysics and Cosmology

27-29 October 2017

The 58th Annual Lecture Series speakers will be Gordon Belot, Michael Weisberg, Sabina Leonelli, James Lennox, Tanya Luhrmann, and Heather Douglas.

Over the summer!

Read about our PSP1 (inaugural summer school) event on Pittwire.

And the 10th anniversary celebration of the Pitt-Tsinghua Summer School in Philosophy of Science.

Details about programs, events, and more can be found on the Center Web site

www.pitt.edu/~pittcntr<http://www.pitt.edu/~pittcntr>

Center for Philosophy of Science

University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA  USA

Edouard Machery, Director

For all inquiries,

pittcntr at pitt.edu<mailto:pittcntr at pitt.edu>

412-624-1052