[PhilPhys] CfP: Synthese Special Issue - Reasoning in Physics

MCMP Phil-Sci mcmp.philsci at lrz.uni-muenchen.de
Mon Feb 26 15:09:36 CET 2018

*Call For Papers*

*Synthese Special Issue -- Reasoning in Physics*

Modern Physics provides an extremely rich testing ground for
philosophical theories of scientific reasoning. In recent times, we have
seen the emergence of many new forms of theory confirmation,
necessitated by the empirical inaccessibility of some of the most
prominent theories of modern physics and cosmology. This special issue
aims to explore new forms of scientific reasoning and argumentation in
physics, with a focus on the relationship between these new reasoning
strategies and existing philosophical theories of scientific reasoning
and argumentation. We welcome submissions of individual papers covering
topics related to reasoning in physics, broadly construed.

*Submissions:* Contributions must be original and not under review
elsewhere. Although there is no prescribed word or page limit for
submissions to Synthese, as a rule of thumb, papers typically tend to be
between 15 and 30 printed pages (in the journal's printed format).
Submissions should also include a separate title page containing the
contact details of the author(s), an abstract (150-250 words) and a list
of 4-6 keywords. All papers will be subject to the journal's standard
double-blind peer-review. Manuscripts should be submitted online through
the journal's Editorial Manager. Please choose the appropriate article
type for your submission by selecting ``S.I. : Reasoning in Physics "
from the relevant drop down menu.

*Deadline:*  The initial deadline for submissions is April 15, 2018. For
further information about the special issue, please contact the guest
editors via benjamin.eva at uni-konstanz.de
<mailto:benjamin.eva at uni-konstanz.de>.

*Guest Editors: *Benjamin Eva (University of Konstanz) and Stephan
Hartmann (LMU Munich).