[PhilPhys] Center for Philosophy of Science Bulletin, March 2018

Center for Philosophy of Science pittcntr at pitt.edu
Wed Feb 28 19:12:20 CET 2018

March 1 is the application deadline for Pittsburgh Summer Program 2 (PSP2) initiative for underrepresented groups in Philosophy of Science.

Speakers this month are Michel Janssen, Tanya Luhrmann, Jacob Stegenga, and Phillip Honenberger.  See events “calendar” for details.

JOIN US FOR:

“Learning from Empirical Approaches to HPS” (LEAHPS)”
April 6-7, 2018

“Investigating Life:  A Celebration of the Career of James G. Lennox”
April 20-21, 2018

ALSO HAPPENING:

HPS Alumni Lecture
“Translational Cognitive Neuroscience: How Can We Learn from Animals?”
Jacqueline Sullivan ’07, U. W. Ontario
Thursday, March 15, 5:00 pm
University Club, Ballroom A

Wesley C. Salmon Memorial Talk
“Causal Processes & Causal Interactions: Warranting Causation in the Single Case”
Nancy Cartwright, UCSD & Durham U.
Friday, March 23, 3:30 pm
817R Cathedral of Learning

Pitt-CMU Graduate Student Philosophy Conference
Saturday-Sunday, March 24-25
332 Cathedral of Learning

Watch our "5-Minute Fellows" video series on YouTube available on the Center website.

Find links to programs, videos, abstracts, and more at www.pitt.edu/~pittcntr

Center for Philosophy of Science
University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA
Edouard Machery, Director

For all inquiries:
pittcntr at pitt.edu
412-624-1052