[PhilPhys] A Conference in Honor of David Albert's Birthday

Porter Williams pdw2109 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 21 09:36:58 CEST 2019

*Conference in Celebration of David Albert's Birthday*
*Details*
Location: Columbia University, Hamilton Hall, Room 717
Dates: November 15-16
Times: 9:30am - 5:45pm

*Description*
David Albert's work has been of seminal importance to the foundations of
physics, exerting central influence on the direction the field while
simultaneously laying foundations for its ongoing development. In
celebration of David's many past and continuing contributions, we will be
hosting a conference at Columbia University on a diversity of topics in the
foundations of physics. We expect talks on a range of topics, including the
foundations of quantum mechanics and statistical mechanics, the possible
emergence of space and time, the metaphysics of science, and the nature of
agency.

*Confirmed Speakers*
Jeff Barrett (UC Irvine)
Gordon Belot (Michigan)
Craig Callender (UC San Diego)
Sean Carroll (Caltech)
Eddy Chen (UC San Diego)
Sidney Felder (Rutgers)
Alison Fernandes (Dublin)
Shelly Goldstein (Rutgers)
Ned Hall (Harvard)
Barry Loewer (Rutgers)
Tim Maudlin (NYU)
Michael Miller (Toronto)
Alyssa Ney (UC Davis)
Lev Vaidman (Tel Aviv)
David Wallace (Pittsburgh)
Nino Zanghi (Genoa)

*Organizing Committee*
Alison Fernandes (alison.fernandes at tcd.ie)
Michael Miller (mike.miller at utoronto.ca)
Porter Williams (porterwi at usc.edu)

The conference is open to the public. Please direct any questions to Porter
Williams (porterwi at usc.edu).