[PhilPhys] Center for Philosophy of Science Bulletin, December 2019

Center for Philosophy of Science pittcntr at pitt.edu
Tue Dec 3 22:45:41 CET 2019

Passing of Visiting Fellow -
The Center is saddened by the recent passing of Karola Stotz.
We share a tribute written by Visiting Fellow, Colin Allen (please see our homepage).

SPEAKERS this month are David Wallace and Wayne Wu. See the Calendar for details.

TIME TO APPLY FOR A FELLOWSHIP for a term or two at the Center during the academic year 2020-2021.

CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
Sr. Visiting Fellow Conference
"The Problem of Cognitive Ontology"
March 27-28, 2020

Please join us for:

"Does Anyone Know What Attention Is?"
Annual Lecture Series Talk by
Wayne Wu, Ctr. for the Neural Basis of Cognition/CMU
Friday, December 6, 3:30 pm, 1008 Cathedral of Learning

NeuroTECH
An Interdisciplinary Early Career Workshop on Tools and Technology in Neuroscience
January 24-25, 2020
Program and registration details are now available.

Find details about our Visiting Fellows program, events, and more on the Center website.
Watch "5-Minute Fellows" and videos of Annual Lecture Series talks (click on YouTube).

Center for Philosophy of Science
University of Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh, PA USA
Edouard Machery, Director