[PhilPhys] Help please! Methodology of philosophy of physics

Karen Crowther kcro8477 at gmail.com
Fri May 8 15:37:16 CEST 2020

Hello,

I'm wondering if anyone has some advice or suggestions, please. I'm looking
for material on the methodology of philosophy of science/philosophy of
physics, suitable for Masters students who could make use of it practically.

Does anyone know of anything suitable that's been written?

Alternatively, it would be cool to crowdsource some ideas on this, so that
I could use them to write up something myself... So, if you could please
spare a few moments to just email me (privately) with some comments on your
own methodological approach, that would be much appreciated!

Additionally, it would be useful to get some suggestions on what you think
are "exemplary" papers in philosophy of physics, which clearly show a
particular methodological approach.

[ Background: I've been asked to teach a masterclass in philosophy of
science/philosophy of physics, for Masters students, presenting a
methodological approach to this research area, and showing how this is
exemplified in some particular research papers -- the idea being "to show
'philosophy in practice' by letting an expert teaching methodology and its
use in their own area". ]

Thank you,
Karen