[PhilPhys] The Center for Philosophy of Science, Upcoming

Center for Philosophy of Science pittcntr at pitt.edu
Tue Dec 1 16:57:26 CET 2020

DEADLINE APPROACHING FOR APPLICATIONS TO OUR VISITING FELLOW AND POSTDOCTORAL FELLOW PROGRAMS FOR THE 2021-2022 ACADEMIC YEAR

Applications for both programs must be submitted by DECEMBER 15th, 2020

For more information on the Visiting Fellows Program, including information for how to apply, please use this link:  https://www.centerphilsci.pitt.edu/programs/visiting-fellows/program-overview/

For more information about the Postdoctoral Fellowship, including information for how to apply, please visit our website:

https://www.centerphilsci.pitt.edu/programs/postdoc-fellowships/program-overview/

EVENTS:

The Center for Philosophy of Science will be hosting events for the month of December and the upcoming spring semester VIRTUALLY in order to be compliant with the University of Pittsburgh’s COVID-19 guidelines.  We welcome you to attend our virtual events.

THE PROBLEM OF COGNITIVE ONTOLOGY, IMPLICATIONS FOR SCIENTIFIC KNOWLEDGE:

The conference was postponed from Spring to Fall 2020 due to COVID-19.  This conference is now being held as a semester-long, virtual seminar series.  The final two presentations in the series will take place on December 3rd and December 10th at 10AM Eastern Time, and we welcome your participation.  More information about the Problem of Cognitive Ontology, including a REGISTRATION LINK and the seminar schedule, can be found on our conference webpage:  https://www.centerphilsci.pitt.edu/cogont/.

THE SPRING 2021 SEMESTER

Events during the Spring 2021 semester will take place VIRTUALLY.  Our first spring event, a Center Debate regarding the COVID-19 pandemic, will take place on Tuesday, January 19th at 12PM Eastern Time.

To check out other events during January 2021, please review our calendar:  https://www.centerphilsci.pitt.edu/events/2021-01/

ANNOUNCING A NEW JOURNAL:  PHILOSOPHY OF MEDICINE

The mission of Philosophy of Medicine is to serve as the flagship journal for the field by advancing research in philosophy of medicine, by engaging widely with medicine, health sciences and the public, and by providing open-access content for all.

Website:  https://philmed.pitt.edu/philmed

Sponsorship for the journal is provided by the Center for Philosophy of Science.

ALL FALL SEMESTER TALKS ARE AVAILABLE ON YOUTUBE

If you want to watch one of our talks from this semester or learn about our fall fellows, please visit our YouTube channel:  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrRp47ZMXD7NXO3a9Gyh2sg

WEEKLY NEWSLETTER

Stay up to date with the Center by signing up for our weekly newsletter.  You can sign up by visiting our homepage:  https://www.centerphilsci.pitt.edu<https://www.centerphilsci.pitt.edu/>

Center for Philosophy of Science