[PhilPhys] Center for Philosophy of Science, Upcoming

Center for Philosophy of Science pittcntr at pitt.edu
Mon Feb 1 18:44:26 CET 2021

EVENTS

The Center for Philosophy of Science will be hosting events for the month of February VIRTUALLY in order to be compliant with the University of Pittsburgh’s COVID-19 guidelines.  We welcome you to attend our virtual events.

LUNCHTIME TALKS

Lunchtime Talk speakers for the month of February include:  Melissa Jacquart, Nick Byrd, John Norton, Kevin Zollman, Paolo Palmieri, and Subrena Smith

Please view our February calendar for more detailed information about February Lunchtime Talks and registration links.  https://www.centerphilsci.pitt.edu/events/2021-02/

ANNUAL LECTURE SERIES

Please join us for John Ioannidis’ presentation in the Annual Lecture Series on Friday, February 26 at 3:30PM Eastern Time.  Registration is required.  For more information, including a registration link, please visit this webpage:  https://www.centerphilsci.pitt.edu/event/als-j-ioannidis/

COSMOLOGY BEYOND SPACETIME

This is an online seminar series that will take place on Wednesdays at 10:15AM Eastern Time starting on February 3, 2021.  Registration is required.  For more information, including a registration link, please visit this webpage:  https://www.centerphilsci.pitt.edu/cosmology-beyond-spacetime/

ANNOUNCING A NEW JOURNAL:  PHILOSOPHY OF MEDICINE

The mission of Philosophy of Medicine is to serve as the flagship journal for the field by advancing research in philosophy of medicine, by engaging widely with medicine, health sciences and the public, and by providing open-access content for all.

Website:  https://philmed.pitt.edu/philmed

Sponsorship for the journal is provided by the Center for Philosophy of Science.

ALL FALL 2020 SEMESTER TALKS ARE AVAILABLE ON YOUTUBE

If you want to watch one of our talks from the fall 2020 semester, please visit our YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrRp47ZMXD7NXO3a9Gyh2sg<https://nam12.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fchannel%2FUCrRp47ZMXD7NXO3a9Gyh2sg&data=04%7C01%7Camm279%40pitt.edu%7Cef6b2d4d84164e058df708d8c496356d%7C9ef9f489e0a04eeb87cc3a526112fd0d%7C1%7C0%7C637475496700592001%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=d7tW8544q3cO%2BL%2FhrRtCCLIPC7bb1jE2u5GcpLY2Ggo%3D&reserved=0>

WEEKLY NEWSLETTER

Stay up to date with the Center by signing up for our weekly newsletter.  You can sign up by visiting our homepage:  https://www.centerphilsci.pitt.edu<https://www.centerphilsci.pitt.edu/>

Center for Philosophy of Science

University of Pittsburgh