[PhilPhys] Foundations conference (Paris, October 28-30): registration and special round of submissions

GRINBAUM Alexei Alexei.Grinbaum at cea.fr
Wed Sep 15 16:38:33 CEST 2021

Dear all,

Initially scheduled for July 2020, the 20th Foundations of Physics conference will take place at the École Normale Supérieure in Paris on October 28-30. We already have 50 confirmed presentations, all of which will be on-site (no online talks). Registration is now open at https://foundations2020.sciencesconf.org/

To allow PhD students and postdocs to present their most recent work, the Program Committee has decided to open a few extra slots for talks. This special round of submissions is now open and will last till the 25th of September. There will be no blind review; instead, each paper should be endorsed by a Program Committee member or an Invited Speaker. All newly submitting authors should send their title and extended abstract by email to foundations2021.submit at gmail.com<mailto:foundations2021.submit at gmail.com> and arrange for an endorsement to be sent to the same address. Notifications of last-minute acceptance will be made by October 1.

Please note that we expect to admit only participants holding a "pass sanitaire", which typically requires full Covid vaccination. Current requirements for non-vaccinated individuals are too restrictive and cannot be accommodated within the framework of this event. While a recent Covid test or proof of past illness may be partly eligible for local attendance, we expect that cross-border travel will be sufficiently smooth only for fully vaccinated individuals. The condition of full vaccination means having a Covid-19 vaccination certificate demonstrating that at least 28 days have elapsed since the first dose of Janssen vaccine or 7 days have elapsed since the second dose of the Pfizer-Biontech, AstraZeneca, Covishield, Moderna, R-Covi (R-Pharm) or "Covid-19 Vaccine" (Fiocruz) vaccine or 7 days since the first dose of these vaccines if the person holds proof that they previously have been infected with Covid-19. If you do not have a "pass sanitaire", EU Digital Covid certificate ("green pass"), or another eligible Covid vaccination certificate, please do not travel to this event.

We look forward to seeing you all in Paris.

Alexei Grinbaum and Vincent Ardourel for the Organizing Committee