[PhilPhys] Bonn History and Philosophy of Physics Seminar (Online/Hybrid)

Niels Martens martensniels at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 20:28:02 CEST 2021

*Bonn History and Philosophy of Physics Research Seminar*
12 Oct 2021 - 2 Feb 2022, Tuesdays 16:15-17:45 CE(S)T, i.e. German time
zone.
Schedule: https://www.history-and-philosophy-of-physics.com/events.html
<https://www.history-and-philosophy-of-physics.com/events.html>
All sessions may be joined online via Zoom; some sessions are hybrid and
may also be attended in person.

Besides the regular research presentations we'll have four special treats:
debates on the merits of semi-classical gravity, on whether we should build
a new particle collider, and on the relevance of history of physics for
philosophy of physics; and a dialogue on the philosophy of the historical
sciences (astronomy, geology, archeology, paleontology, cosmology).

Zoom-links and "in-person location" announced via
https://listen.uni-bonn.de/wws/info/hpp
<https://listen.uni-bonn.de/wws/info/hpp>

For questions, please contact nmartens [at] uni-bonn.de.

--
*Note: My working hours may not be your working hours so please do not
feel obligated to reply outside your own normal work schedule.*

*Niels Martens*
PostDoc, Philosophy of Physics

Research Unit "Epistemology of the LHC"
<https://www.lhc-epistemologie.uni-wuppertal.de/projects/cluster-a-change-in-the-theoretical-foundations-of-physics/a3-lhc-and-gravity.html>
Lichtenberg Group for History and Philosophy of Physics, Bonn
<https://www.history-and-philosophy-of-physics.com/>
Institute for Theoretical Particle Physics & Cosmology, Aachen
<https://www.particle-theory.rwth-aachen.de/go/id/fywf/?lidx=1>
Website <https://martensniels.wordpress.com/> | Papers
<https://martensniels.wordpress.com/publications/>

New open access papers: "Sophistry about symmetries?"
<https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2Fs11229-020-02658-4>, "Dark
Matter = Modified Gravity?"
<https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S135521982030109X>,
"Cartography