[PhilPhys] Debate (online): Relevance of History of Physics for Philosophy of Physics

Niels Martens martensniels at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 12:54:15 CET 2022

Special session of the Bonn History and Philosophy of Physics Research
Seminar
Tuesday 25 Jan 2022, 17:00-18:30 CET

*Debate: **Relevance of History of Physics for Philosophy of Physics*
Proponent: *Dennis Lehmkuhl *(University of Bonn)
Opponent: *Stephan Hartmann *(MCMP, LMU Munich)

*Registration:* the Zoom-link will be sent out on Monday 24 January via the
HPP mailing list to which you can subscribe here:
https://listen.uni-bonn.de/wws/info/hpp

Further information about the Bonn HPP Seminar:
https://www.history-and-philosophy-of-physics.com/events.html
<https://www.history-and-philosophy-of-physics.com/events.html>

--
*NB: a) My working hours may not be your working hours so please do not
feel obligated to reply outside your own normal work schedule; b) Feel free

*Niels Martens*
PostDoc, Philosophy of Physics

Research Unit "Epistemology of the LHC"
<https://www.lhc-epistemologie.uni-wuppertal.de/projects/cluster-a-change-in-the-theoretical-foundations-of-physics/a3-lhc-and-gravity.html>
Lichtenberg Group for History and Philosophy of Physics, Bonn
<https://www.history-and-philosophy-of-physics.com/>
Institute for Theoretical Particle Physics & Cosmology, Aachen
<https://www.particle-theory.rwth-aachen.de/go/id/fywf/?lidx=1>
Website <https://martensniels.wordpress.com/> | Papers
<https://martensniels.wordpress.com/publications/>

New open access publications: "Dark Matter Realism"
<https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10701-021-00524-y>, "Editorial
of special issue on dark matter & modified gravity"
<https://www.sciencedirect.com/journal/studies-in-history-and-philosophy-of-science-part-b-studies-in-history-and-philosophy-of-modern-physics/special-issue/10CR71RJLWM>
, "Sophistry about symmetries?"
<https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2Fs11229-020-02658-4>