[PhilPhys] Warsaw Spacetime Colloquium: Lam & Oriti (6 May on Zoom)

Antonio Vassallo antonio.vassallo1977 at gmail.com
Mon May 2 12:57:13 CEST 2022

(With apologies for cross-posting)

On Friday, 6 May, Vincent Lam (University of Bern & Grenoble Alpes
University) and Daniele Oriti (Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich) will
give a talk titled "The Laws of Quantum Gravity" (abstract below).

The meeting will be online on Zoom (17:00-19:00 CEST). If you have not
registered yet, you can do so here <https://forms.gle/qpb8vVjtrF4y2nZ76>.

The Colloquium is organized by the Philosophy of Physics Group
<https://ans.pw.edu.pl/Nauka/Zespoly-badawcze/Philosophy-of-Physics-Group>
at the Faculty of Administration and Social Sciences, Warsaw University of
Technology. The program for this semester is here
<https://ssqg.ans.pw.edu.pl/en/index.php/warsaw-spacetime-colloquium-2021-2022-online/>.
The videos of the previous meetings are available on YouTube
<https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLM-1yNCyvJJC0KUgEqXTsFA38luoSiqXo>.

You can address any inquiry to antonio.vassallo at pw.edu.pl.

ABSTRACT
Several approaches in quantum gravity suggest radical revisions of the
standard notion of spacetime, and even its disappearance from the
fundamental level of description. We discuss traditional conceptions of
laws of nature in the light of these new suggestions about spacetime, and
why they become untenable, and we indicate some possible ways to
characterize the laws of nature in this quantum gravity context.