[PhilPhys] Fwd: Geneva-Lausanne Workshop on Philosophy of Physics, 24-25 May (2023)

Enrico Cinti cinti.enrico at gmail.com
Mon Apr 3 13:00:00 CEST 2023

*Geneva-Lausanne Workshop on Philosophy of Physics*

*Quo Vadis Tempus?*
Lausanne, 24-25 May 2023

The University of Geneva and the University of Lausanne announce the first
“Geneva-Lausanne Workshop on Philosophy of Physics: Quo Vadis Tempus?” to
be held at the *Faculté des Lettres* of the *Université de Lausanne *(Ampiphole
315.15) in Lausanne, Switzerland, *24-25 May 2023*.

Time is probably one of the most mysterious ingredients of the universe. On
the one hand, time is unique and elusive. On the other, it seems to be an
intrinsic, familiar part of our lives and world. It is then no surprise
that philosophers and scientists have found in the nature of time a fertile
terrain for philosophical and scientific inquiry. However, the more we dig
into the nature of time, the more mysteries emerge.

The first Geneva-Lausanne Workshop addresses, from different perspectives,
philosophical problems around the nature of time in philosophy and physics,
combining the longstanding tradition of the universities of Geneva and
Lausanne in philosophy of physics with the expertise of our three invited
speakers: *Sam Baron* (Australian Catholic University), *Tim Koslowski
*(University
of Würzburg), and *Antonio Vassallo* (Warsaw University of Technology).

The workshop also aims to strengthen the relations between both
universities, to promote the interchange of perspectives, and to foster the
collaboration with students and researchers out of Switzerland.

In this spirit, everyone is kindly invited to attend the workshop and get
involved in the discussions. Attendance is free, but registration is
mandatory. If you would like to attend, please visit the registration page
<https://sites.google.com/view/quovadistime/registration> on our website.

All information about the workshop is readily available on our website
<https://sites.google.com/view/quovadistime/registration?authuser=0> (program,
abstracts, venue, etc.). If you have any question, feel free to send an
email to: Cristian.lopez at unil.ch

*Organizing committee*: Cristian Lopez, Christian Wüthrich, Enrico Cinti,
Joshua Babic, and Emilia Margoni.