[MaFLa] reminder: invitation to a philosophy talk

Krisztina Biber Biberk at ceu.hu
Mon Sep 28 10:49:10 CEST 2009

The CEU Philosophy Department cordially invites you to a talk
(as part of its Departmental Colloquium series)
by
István M. Fehér  (ELTE)
on
Heidegger, Gadamer and the Hermeneutic Turn of 20th Century Philosophy

Tuesday, 29 September 2009, 4.30 PM, Zrinyi 14, Room 412

Abstract

In my talk I first propose to reconstruct the outlines of what has been
called the hermeneutic turn of 20th century philosophy; then I will
focus on some inner or more technical details of this turn, now having
become accessible through recent volumes of Heidegger's Complete Works
(Gesamtausgabe). I propose to show some of the reasons why Heidegger is
often claimed to have given hermeneutics an ontological dimension or
inter¬pret¬ation–and, in particular, how in Heidegger's ontological
radicalization of hermeneutics the influence of Dilthey and Husserl
played a fundamental role. Finally, I will briefly follow up the
consequences of this hermeneutic turn, thereby sketching my own way of
conceiving hermeneutics as a philosophy of oppenness.

Kriszta Biber
Department Coordinator
Philosophy Department
Tel: 36-1-327-3806