[MaFLa] reminder: Michelle Montague`s talk on `The Access Problem` - 27 October, 4.30 PM

Krisztina Biber Biberk at ceu.hu
Mon Oct 26 09:25:30 CET 2009

The CEU Philosophy Department cordially invites you to a talk
(as part of its Departmental Colloquium series)
by
Michelle Montague (University of Bristol)
on
The Access Problem

Tuesday, 27 October 2009, 4.30 PM, Zrinyi 14, Room 412

ABSTRACT

We enter into many mental states which involve intentional relations
with objects. What mechanism determines which objects our mental states
are of or about? I call this the ‘access problem’. I argue that
there is at least one ineliminable ‘internal’ condition on mental
access to objects, in addition to whatever ‘external’ conditions
there may be.

Kriszta Biber
Department Coordinator
Philosophy Department