[MaFLa] reminder: invitation to a talk on`Belief Retention: Kaplan vs. Frege`by Vojislav Bozickovic, 20 March, 5.30 PM

Krisztina Biber biberk at ceu.hu
Mon Mar 19 20:04:12 CET 2012

The CEU Department of Philosophy cordially invites you to a talk
(as part of its Departmental Colloquium series)
by
Vojislav Bozickovic (University of Belgrade, SEP Fellow at CEU Department of Philosophy)
on
`Belief  Retention: Kaplan vs. Frege`

 Tuesday, 20 March, 2012, 5.30 PM, Zrinyi 14, Room 412

ABSTRACT
I propose a view of belief retention which enables us to account for the data brought up by Kaplan in relation to the Rip Van Winkle case who slept for twenty years believing he slept for only one day. After discussing this case, I make some general claims about belief retention and end up claiming that it amounts to having a piece of empirical information about the day remembered provided the subject does not make a division in her input information.

Kriszta Biber
Department Coordinator
Philosophy Department
Tel: 36-1-327-3806