[MaFLa] Fwd: [quantum-foundations] Postdoctoral fellowships at Perimeter Institute

Laszlo E. Szabo leszabo at phil.elte.hu
Thu Oct 18 15:01:07 CEST 2012

------- Forwarded message -------
From: "Rob Spekkens" <rspekkens at perimeterinstitute.ca>
To: quantum-foundations at maillist.ox.ac.uk
Subject: [quantum-foundations] Postdoctoral fellowships at Perimeter
Institute
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2012 22:21:40 +0200

Applicants in the field of quantum foundations are encouraged to apply.

2013 Perimeter Institute Postdoctoral Fellowships

Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics invites applications for
postdoctoral positions from new and recent PhDs working in fundamental
theoretical physics. Our areas of strength include classical gravity,
condensed matter theory, cosmology, particle physics, quantum fields and
strings, quantum foundations, quantum information and quantum gravity. We
also encourage applications from scientists whose work overlap these
categories or falls in more than one of them. Our postdoctoral positions
are normally for a period of three years. Outstanding candidates may also
be considered for a senior postdoctoral position with a five-year term.

We welcome all candidates to apply by November 16, 2012, however
applications will be considered until all positions are filled.

Perimeter Institute offers a dynamic, multi-disciplinary environment with
maximum research freedom and opportunity to collaborate within and across
fields. Our postdoctoral positions are intended for highly original and
intellectually independent young theorists and offer exceptional support
including a generous research and travel fund, opportunities to invite
their own collaborators as visitors, and the possibility of organizing
workshops and conferences.

Perimeter Institute is located west of Toronto, in Waterloo, Canada and
was founded in September 1999 as an independent Institute supporting
research in foundational areas of theoretical physics. The Institute
offers an exceptional research environment and is currently staffed with
32 full-time and part-time faculty members, 26 Distinguished Research
Chairs, 42 Postdoctoral Researchers, 31 Graduate Students, 30 exceptional
Masters level students participating in Perimeter Scholars International,
and hosts hundreds of visitors and conference participants throughout the
academic year.

Applicants should submit: curriculum vitae, a statement of research
interests, a list of publications and arrange for at least three letters
of reference to be sent on their behalf. Applications (including
recommendation letters) must be submitted through Perimeter Institute's
online application form.

Perimeter Institute is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
candidates are encouraged to apply; however applications from women and
minorities are especially welcome.

--
L a s z l o E. S z a b o
Professor of Philosophy