[MaFLa] reminder: invitation to a talk on`Ethical Trends in Islamic Philosophy`-15 October, 5.30 PM

Krisztina Biber Biberk at ceu.hu
Mon Oct 14 09:58:33 CEST 2013

The CEU Department of Philosophy cordially invites you to a talk
(as part of its Departmental Colloquium series)
by
Meryem Sebti (CNRS Paris)
on
`Ethical Trends in Islamic Philosophy`
Tuesday, 15 October, 2013, 5.30 PM, Zrinyi 14, Room 412

ABSTRACT

When we look into the history of classical Islamic philosophy, we can
notice the paramount importance of ethical writings from the 10th to the
16th century. In my present study, I will try to focus on the
specificity of this classical ethics; to underline its relationship to
Greek ethics but also its close relationship to the Qur’ān and the Sunna
and try to show how this very specific heritage has its place in Muslim
contexts today.