[MaFLa] Assistant/Associate Professor position at the Department of Philosopgy at CEU

Krisztina Biber biberk at ceu.hu
Mon Feb 17 07:26:56 CET 2014

http://hro.ceu.hu/vacancies/assistantassociate-professor-position

Assistant/Associate Professor position

              Level:

                    Open Rank

              Position for:

                    Faculty

              Unit:

                    Department of Philosophy

                    Full-time

Starting date: August 01, 2014

Application deadline:	March 20, 2014

Full Or Part Time: Full-Time

The Department of Philosophy at Central European University in
Budapest invites applications for two full-time faculty positions. The
initial contract is for four years, after which, in the case of a
positive review, the term of the contract becomes indefinite.

CEU is an English-speaking research-intensive postgraduate
university, with a highly international faculty and student-body and a
low student-faculty ratio. The university is accredited in both the
United States and Hungary. The Department of Philosophy offers masters
and doctoral programs which combine historical and analytical approaches
 to philosophy, while remaining open to other traditions. The Department
 has strong academic connections with the Departments of Cognitive
Science and Political Science. For more information, see https://philosophy.ceu.hu and http://www.ceu.hu.

We invite applications in any central area of philosophy, including
epistemology, metaphysics, philosophy of mind, philosophy of language
and philosophy of science, as well as any period of the history of
philosophy. We are particularly interested in candidates who combine
research in contemporary issues with an interest in history, or
historical research with an awareness of contemporary issues.

We welcome applications from junior candidates for an Assistant
Professor position, but there is potential for an appointment at the
Associate Professor level for suitable candidates.

Duties and responsibilities:

Teaching postgraduate courses and supervising MA and PhD theses, and
normal administrative work at the department and the University. The
yearly teaching load is 12 credits (1 credit equals 12 classroom hours).
 Successful candidates will be expected to maintain an active research
agenda and regularly publish in internationally acknowledged venues.

Qualifications:

Candidates must hold a PhD by the time of starting employment.

Compensation:

We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience.

      How to apply:

                    Applicants need to submit: CV; list of publications;
 a writing sample; cover letter including statement about teaching
interests and research plans; and the names and addresses of at least
three referees.

Please send your complete application to positions at ceu.hu including job
code in subject line: 2014/008.
CEU is an equal opportunity employer.