[MaFLa] advertising MTA aesthetic reading group

Küplen Mojca Kuplen.Mojca at btk.mta.hu
Wed Oct 29 11:36:01 CET 2014

Hello, I would like to advertise the aesthetic reading group at the Institute of Philosophy Research Centre for the Humanities, Hungarian Academy of Science. Below is my message. Thank you.

Mojca Kuplen, research fellow at the Institute of Philosophy

I am very pleased to announce the first meeting of the MTA aesthetic reading group, taking place this Friday at 15:00, in room 028 of the Institute of Philosophy Research Centre for the Humanities, Hungarian Academy of Science, 1014 Budapest, Úri utca 53. The aim of the reading group is for students and researchers to present their research work and share ideas. Readings, historical or contemporary, with a multidisciplinary focus, will cover a range of topics and will be decided by the group. Each meeting will begin with a volunteer giving a short presentation of the chosen reading, proceeding with an open discussion. Faculty, graduate students and researchers are welcome

Our first topic will be Sublime and Art. We are starting off with paper by Jane Forsey, ‘Is a Theory of the Sublime Possible?’

I would also like to ask everyone to send me suggestions for further subject areas you would like to see explored as well as papers you would like to see covered. Let me point out that suggested readings can be historical or contemporary, but all of them should address current issues in philosophical aesthetics or the philosophy of art.

If you have any questions please contact me on my mobile phone: 0036702082153 or on email kuplen.mojca at btk.mta.hu.

Hope to see you all at the meeting!