[MaFLa] The Values of Liberal Democracy: Themes from Joseph Raz's Political Philosophy - 15-16 April 2016

Zsofia Jeney-Domingues Jeney-DominguesZs at ceu.edu
Tue Apr 12 12:05:33 CEST 2016

The CEU Department of Philosophy and Department of Political Science cordially invites you to the conference

The Values of Liberal Democracy: Themes from Joseph Raz's Political Philosophy
 15-16 April 2016, Monument Building, Gellner Room

Keynote Address on 15 April at 3PM, Monument Building, Popper Room
Professor Joseph Raz, Columbia University

Few major philosophers would be better suited to address issues about the challenges that liberal democracies and global institutions face today than Joseph Raz. We aim to celebrate the 30th anniversary of his monumental book The Morality of Freedom in this workshop. Having been at the forefront of many challenging philosophical matters, Raz has indeed changed our legal, political, and moral landscape. The finesse and argumentative force of Raz’s reflections on various topics, such as the nature of law and authority, political obligations, the value of autonomy and the importance of well-being, have made his writings a fertile source for anyone working in jurisprudence or in political and moral philosophy.
See the full program here.

Zsófia Jeney-Domingues

Department of Philosophy
Assistant