[MaFLa] Fwd: Analytic Philosophy Department in Zagreb to be closed down

Laszlo E. Szabo laszlo.e.szabo at gmail.com
Tue Mar 21 21:25:34 CET 2017

-------- Forwarded Message --------

To: Laszlo E. Szabo <leszabo at phil.elte.hu>
From: Márta Ujvári <marta.ujvari at uni-corvinus.hu>

Call for Supporting our Colleagues in Zagreb

Dear All, the bad news from Zagreb philosophy circles is that Croatian
authorities intend to close down the analytic philosophy department in
Zagreb, the one belonging to the Faculty of Croatian Studies.
This department is a very efficient center for analytic philosophy,
doing mainly philosophy of science and philosophy of language. Also,
they have excellent scholars in ancient studies and early modern
philosophy. The department has always operated on international
grounds; many of us participated at their conferences in the last
couple of years. You might know well Tomislav Bracanovic, Dusko Dozudic
and Pavel Grigoric from the department.
I ask all those who feel solidarity with our Zagreb colleagues to sign
this letter of support for keeping this good analytic philosophy
department in the region:

https://www.petitions24.com/analytic_philosophy_department_in_zagreb_to
_be_closed_down

The Croatian Society for Analytic Philosophy will be informed about our
petition so that they may collect other supporting signatures from
friends outside Croatia.

Márta Ujvári

--
L a s z l o  E.  S z a b o