[MaFLa] David Carr előadása a Filozófiai Kollégiumban

Takacs Adam takacsadam at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 19 13:57:56 CEST 2018

Kedves kollégák!

A Filozófiai Kollégium félévi utolsó programján az amerikai kontinentális filozófia és fenomenológia egyik legjelentősebb képviselője David Carr professzor (Emory University) lesz a vendégünk. Előadásának címe:

Phenomenology as Method and Critique

Phenomenology is above all a method. It has its origin in the context of modern philosophy and thus bears a certain relation to other philosophical disciplines, notably metaphysics and epistemology. But I think it is distinct from both of these, and its place in philosophy is best understood apart from them. Not everyone has agreed with this distinction between phenomenology and metaphysics/epistemology; and in any case, even if they are distinct, what is the relation between them? These are the issues I raise in this paper. The primary source for my conception of phenomenology is Husserl, and the tradition he inspired. But my purpose is not to produce an exegesis of Husserl, though I will be citing his writings; and I’m not claiming he would have agreed with everything I say. But I do think I’m being true to the spirit if not the letter of his work. I also develop a notion of the phenomenological method as a critical method, and the idea of phenomenology as a critique of experience reveals the Kantian as well as Husserlian inspiration of my approach.

Időpont: 2018. június 26., kedd, 17-19h.
Helyszín: ELTE BTK, Főépület, földszint 34. terem

Minden érdeklődőt várunk!

Üdvözlettel:
Takács Ádám