[MaFLa] Reminder: Philosophy and/of Inclusion - A Minorities and Philosophy (MAP) Symposium, May 3-4, CEU

Maria Elisabeth Kronfeldner KronfeldnerM at ceu.edu
Thu May 2 08:21:13 CEST 2019

This is a reminder about the first CEU MAP Symposium, happening this Friday and Saturday in Nádor u. 15 (N15/ 103). Speakers address the topic of inclusion from a variety of perspectives, with an emphasis on pedagogy, disability studies, political/moral theory, philosophy of language, race, and eurocentrism. Our hopes in programming such a conference are both to analyze inclusion at a conceptual level, and to foster reflective discussion about inclusion as a normative ideal in academic philosophy and the ways in which participants relate to and take up inclusion in their philosophical and social worlds.

The conference format is a mix of presentations, participatory workshop, and ample discussion; we would love for as many people as possible to attend the event in full or part. Every topic will be enriched by a wider plurality of voices and perspectives, and your support for MAP would be greatly appreciated.

We hope to see you this weekend! You can find the conference schedule attached. Abstracts can be found here: https://philosophy.ceu.edu/events/2019-05-03/philosophy-andof-inclusion

- MAP conference organizers (Justin Leuba, Tertia Davis, and Valentina Martinis)