[MaFLa] Drawing your attention to the series *Perspectives on Visual Learning*

Kristof Nyiri nyirik at gmail.com
Sun Jun 16 10:49:45 CEST 2019

Dear Colleagues:

I am in the process of putting together the Index of the volume *Image and
Metaphor in the New Century* (vol. 3 of the *Perspectives on Visual
Learning* series), and I feel good. (For the URL of the work-in-progress
volume, without the Index, as well as for the URLs of the first two
volumes, please look at the end of this message.) I have always believed
that it is a well-assembled index that best expresses the spirit of a book.
The spirit expressed in the case of this book is the spirit of the end of
the linguistic turn era. It will be a great volume; and especially the
topic of visual metaphors is treated in a breadth and depth that I think is
path-breaking. The first two volumes are now available in their printed
versions (and of course online, too, see below). I trust some of the
younger generation will be interested in writing reviews, online, or even
old-fashioned printed ones… Incidentally: in my Epilogue to vol. 3 I am
briefly returning to the time and image topic so dear to my heart, while in
the Postscript to vol. 1 I attempted to summarize my views on what the
philosophy of images these days is, or should be, about. Hoping that I have
awakened your curiosity, with kind regards, Kristóf

Vol. 1: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/329715355_Vision_Fulfilled
Vol. 2:
https://www.researchgate.net/publication/331895076_Learning_and_Technology_in_Historical_Perspective

Vol. 3:  http://www.hunfi.hu/nyiri/vol_3_June_13_2019.pdf
<https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hunfi.hu%2Fnyiri%2Fvol_3_June_13_2019.pdf%3Ffbclid%3DIwAR2yXV9BGNYeMzeAyBRcb3V5ewnL7U5aCtK8-BAt5CNXvmeDYi9FF0wEiAc&h=AT3VSvzzO4uqKGL7NPcR9l0Dto7EPPIVcLIPcRVist9A3H5t00duIUW8nVD-bbNtkZ8BBQhcR45ZmjuK5nWbKEAQjEQ8e_BTv3FOQ9GuMOnDCy9oI_DZ-PuGnH1aFJUi2vdoXQ5pctYNCeqR6aKXMsPyacwIkDzudsaVwvMatEnkXOcw9z3_HS8g7OLadRPr987K0ZKZu2wk8LuBHEaVUvFZlAjSJOAuPMDhN1ZXuKjAHP8TPWD2ODc84469I1X7HMEL5Vq1YL_YBQzufGiBk3_hXIyFCsatNTR0DlH2NJ1S_zH1P_J2VZFJIZgkYHQ6wluH-Evlr4crJRGm4KkFCV68bPwa_rqk4oOXW6s6RuDIllu_Ucpr2aqLb_QBrGzn0rcRA7YgqJqzo6lbAiDTSp-I5bhTx4pznij4dPd-fkhD68f5uic7-As5jfIeZ6jpxcOYm_nSsEJvhleuhKUjtLCz5OFieXwkdcj0aEgTdc2a5THY1XlF55ghc8tU8c-U9wswGLLij1AXr-NX4DnpEqvaXh32ZJcuwfxc9hOBWY9BVDC4dIVQ-DNOZSVMHo_F66tksieF2Xu9cVrljAhsCwI2XvYr_N0ATF-V8BhINWiW1_zGTANV_lsDAMP3oIE6UAFl>
.

Kristóf NYÍRI, PhD, Dr. h.c.
Professor of Philosophy
Member of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences
https://bme.academia.edu/KristofNyiri
www.hunfi.hu/nyiri