Quantum Information - Epistemological and Logical Lessons (SW in ECAP05) - Call for papers

Amit Hagar @ Konstanz amit.hagar at uni-konstanz.de
Sat Feb 12 13:30:30 CET 2005

CALL FOR PAPERS

Quantum Information — Epistemological and Logical Lessons
A Special 2-day Workshop
The European Conference for Analytic Philosophy (ECAP5)
Lisbon, Portugal, August 29 – 30, 2005
http://www.uni-konstanz.de/ppm/events/LisbonPhysics2005/

Invited Speakers:
Dorit Aharonov, HUJI (To be confirmed)
William Demopoulos, UCI (To be confirmed)
Andrew Hodges, Oxford
Huw Price, USYD

We invite submissions for contributed talks to this workshop. Papers should
deal with epistemological and logical lessons philosophers can draw from the
science of quantum information. Possible topics include (but are not limited
to) interpretations of quantum mechanics in light of quantum information,
interpretations of probabilities, computability and randomness, and
meta-philosophical questions about the relations between physics and
epistemology. Each contributed paper will have twenty minutes for
presentation and additional ten minutes for discussion.

Please send submissions (no more than 4000 words) electronically to us
(amit.hagar at uni-konstanz.de) by 15 March 2005. We accept standard formats
like pdf-, doc- and rtf-files. We will let authors know whether their paper
will be included in the workshop by 1 May 2005.

Amit Hagar and Stephan Hartmann
PPM Group, Konstanz

Mail group "philphys"
ESF Network for Philosophical and