[PhilPhys] On the Nature of Reality

Frederico Pfrimer pfrimer.physics at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 22:40:46 CEST 2012

On the Nature of Reality

 What is the nature of reality? How should be an answer to this question? At
this level, we are so deep that all our concepts are obscure. Quantum theory
(QT) is at this level. The quest for interpreting it fails because the
clarity
of our actual fundamental concepts in ordinary language cannot match the
precision of the theory's mathematical formalism. The interpretation of
quantum
mechanics should define and bring clarity to fundamental concepts; not
simply
rely over them. Quantum theory requires a new worldview, the one that will
make
it understandable.

We discuss on the formulation and interpretation of closed,
and final theories, in other words, completely axiomatic theories that
define
their own conceptual framework, and closed theories that cannot be made
simpler. We claim that everything we can properly say about a theory follows
from its interpretation, and that interpreting is saying the meaning of
each of
its mathematical statements. We argue that quantum mechanics is a closed
theory; and, therefore, that part of it is part of the final or fundamental
theory of physics (FTP).

We propose a new entirely axiomatic formulation of
part of quantum theory (including all its mathematical framework) in which
new
powerful and useful elements are added to the existing formalism. Our
interpretation is straightforward: it allows us reading or saying the
meaning
of each of the theory's axiom, theorem or element. We state that the
proposed
theory is the FTP. Its interpretation may dissolve most of the existing
paradoxes around QT. The principle of excluded middle is not valid in
general.
Both epistemic and ontic elements are present in the theory since it is a
theory of knowledge and truth. This and other fundamental concepts are
defined
by the theory, which can represent both reality and our knowledge about it.
Aesthetics is one of its key features.

This is my recently published preprint. It can be found at:
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B7JbxpuZS0IsRFotZ2VuU0lpcTA (Better
Version)

or at http://arxiv.org/abs/arXiv:1208.4474.

I believe it might be of great importance for the philosophy of physics,
and it is deeply conncted to both physics and philosophy.

Authors: Frederico R. Pfrimer
Categories: physics.gen-ph quant-ph
Comments: Comments and related references are welcome to
  pfrimer.physics at gmail.com
License: http://arxiv.org/licenses/nonexclusive-distrib/1.0/

Sincerely,

Frederico R. Pfrimer