[PhilPhys] Center for Philosophy of Science Bulletin, January 2018

Center for Philosophy of Science pittcntr at pitt.edu
Tue Jan 9 18:54:59 CET 2018

We welcome new Fellows this term:  Vincenzo Fano, Ulrich Gahde, James Justus, Chris Meyns, and Armin Schulz.

Watch our "5-Minute Fellows" video series on YouTube available on the Center website.

Application process is now open for undergraduate students to attend our new Summer Program initiative for underrepresented groups in Philosophy of Science. Check out PSP2 Summer Program.

Speakers this month are Nicholas Rescher, Porter Williams, James Justus, Teddy Seidenfeld, and Simon DeDeo.  See events “calendar” for details.

JOIN US FOR:
Author Meets Critics: “Philosophy within its Proper Bounds” by Edouard Machery.

February 23, 2018

“Learning from Empirical Approaches to HPS” (LEAHPS)”

April 6-7, 2018

“Investigating Life:  A Celebration of the Career of James G. Lennox”

April 20-21, 2018

Follow the Center on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, and watch our Annual Lecture Series talks (view Sabina Leonelli’s Dec. 1 talk) on YouTube!

Find links at www.pitt.edu/~pittcntr<http://www.pitt.edu/~pittcntr>

[http://www.pitt.edu/~pittcntr/Images/center_logo.gif]<http://www.pitt.edu/~pittcntr>

Center for Philosophy of Science ::: home<http://www.pitt.edu/~pittcntr>
www.pitt.edu
Dedicated to promoting scholarship, research, and publication in its field posts academic publications, programs, event schedule, and history. At the University of ...

Center for Philosophy of Science

University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA

Edouard Machery, Director

For all inquiries:

pittcntr at pitt.edu

412-624-1052