[PhilPhys] Center for Philosophy of Science Bulletin, December 2018

Center for Philosophy of Science pittcntr at pitt.edu
Tue Dec 4 18:59:39 CET 2018

SPEAKERS this month are Colin Allen and Harvey Brown.  See calendar for details.

TIME TO APPLY for Fellowships for 2019-2020.  See "Joining" for details and policy change. Deadline approaching.

We are now accepting applications for PSP3 - Pittsburgh Summer Program in Philosophy of Science for Underrepresented Groups to be held July 14-19, 2019.

Adolf Grunbaum 1923-2018
See our tribute page to view photos and obituaries.

CALLS FOR ABSTRACTS:

Retuning cognition with a pair of rocks: Culture, evolution, technology
March 29-30, 2019

Early Career Workshop in History and Philosophy of Physics
April 11-12, 2019

Find links to talks, Fellowships, CALLS, events, social media, and more on the Center's website.
Watch new videos - Jenann Ismael talk, 5-Minute Fellows, and a look at our new spaces.

And, subscribe to our weekly updates at
www.pitt.edu/~pittcntr<http://www.pitt.edu/~pittcntr>
[http://www.pitt.edu/~pittcntr/Images/header_photos/home.jpg]<http://www.pitt.edu/~pittcntr>

Center for Philosophy of Science ::: home<http://www.pitt.edu/~pittcntr>
www.pitt.edu
November 2018: What's new? Adolf Grünbaum 1923 - 2018. It is with great sadness we report that our colleague and founder Adolf Grünbaum died on November 15, 2018.