[PhilPhys] Conversations at the Center: Episode 3 with Jacob Stegenga

Center for Phil Sci center4philsci at gmail.com
Wed Apr 17 17:07:59 CEST 2024

The Center for Philosophy of Science at the University of Pittsburgh proudly presents our podcast! Join us and our community as we discuss philosophy, science, and so much more!
Guided by our Director, Edouard Machery, we bring our fellows, lecturers, and guest speakers alike to our Center for eager listeners to learn and be intrigued about the world of philosophy and science.

Conversations at the Center: Episode 3
Join us for our 3rd episode of Conversations at the Center Edouard Machery and Jacob Stegenga have an open discussion on Jacob's work and research while promoting the Center's conference, Revitalizing Science and Values, April 5-7 2024.

 YouTube: https://youtu.be/dPLoEH6KZbI<https://youtu.be/dPLoEH6KZbI>

Spotify: https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show/cntr4philsci/episodes/Conversations-at-the-Center-Edouard-Machery-and-Jacob-Stegenga-e2ifu08<https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show/cntr4philsci/episodes/Conversations-at-the-Center-Edouard-Machery-and-Jacob-Stegenga-e2ifu08>

Jacob Stegenga is a Professor in the Department of History and Philosophy of Science at the University of Cambridge. He has published widely in general philosophy of science and philosophy of medicine and biology. Prior to joining Cambridge he taught in the United States and Canada, and he received his PhD from the University of California San Diego. He is the author of Medical Nihilism and Care and Cure: An Introduction to Philosophy of Medicine, and he is currently writing a book tentatively titled Heart of Science. To learn more about his work: visit https://sites.google.com/view/jacob-stegenga