[PhilPhys] Philosophy of Science Podcast - Featuring Alison McConwell

Center for Phil Sci center4philsci at gmail.com
Wed May 1 21:51:03 CEST 2024

The Center for Philosophy of Science at the University of Pittsburgh
proudly presents our podcast! Join us and our community as we discuss
philosophy, science, and so much more!
Guided by our Director, Edouard Machery, we bring our fellows, lecturers,
and guest speakers alike to our Center for eager listeners to learn and be
intrigued about the world of philosophy and science.

*Conversations at the Center: Episode 4*
Join us for our 4th episode of Conversations at the Center. Our host,
Edouard Machery converses with our Fellow, Alison McConwell. Alison
McConwell is an Assistant Professor of Philosophy at UMass Lowell. She
holds a PhD in Philosophy from the University of Calgary. Prior to her
position at UMass Lowell, she held postdoctoral appointments at the
University of British Columbia and Standford University.
Her research focuses on the history and philosophy of biology, and
epistemology of science.  She has interests in values, pragmatism, and
feminist thought related to those areas, and conducts archival work
concerning the intellectual history of evolutionary biology.

 *YouTube*: https://youtu.be/a5XP4QPOYck?si=othFcCCkle8XPDIp

*Spotify*:
https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show/cntr4philsci/episodes/Conversations-at-the-Center-Edouard-Machery-and-Alison-McConwell-e2inn48