[MaFLa] invitation to a conference `Ten years of philosophy at Central European University` - January 27-28, 2011

Krisztina Biber Biberk at ceu.hu
Thu Nov 18 15:16:58 CET 2010

The Department of Philosophy at CEU cordially invites you to its

10th Anniversary Conference titled

`Ten years of philosophy at Central European University`

The Department of Philosophy at CEU was founded in 2000, and hence we
celebrate our 10th anniversary this year.
Earlier this year, we invited three of our alumni to give keynote
addresses at our in-house graduate conference.
We were very pleased and proud to have Istvan Aranyosi (Bilkent
University,Ankara), Jakub Jirsa (Charles University, Prague) and Judit
Szalai (Eovtos Lorand University,Budapest) among us again.

In January, we will continue the celebration with another conference.
For this occasion, we invited outstanding members of the profession who
contributed to the CEU philosophy program in the last ten years with
seminars, lectures, advice and friendship. We are delighted to have the
founding head of the CEU Department of Philosophy, Ferenc Huoranszki,
among the speakers.

The conference takes place on January 27-28, 2011 at the Central
European University

Invited speakers

Tim Crane (University of Cambridge)
Ronald Dworkin (New York University)
Ferenc Huoranszki (Central European University)
Brad Inwood (University of Toronto)
Barry Loewer (Rutgers University)
Dominik Perler (Institut für Philosophie  Humboldt-Universität zu
Berlin)
Dan Sperber (Jean Nicod Institute / CEU)

A more detailed conference program and the registration mode will be
available here
http://philosophy.ceu.hu/events/2011-01-27/ceu-philosophy-department-10th-anniversary-conference

Kriszta Biber
Department Coordinator