[MaFLa] reminder:invitation to a talk by John Martin Fischer on `The Irrelevance of Counterfactual Intervention` - 6 November, 5.30 PM

Krisztina Biber Biberk at ceu.hu
Mon Nov 5 10:32:21 CET 2012

The CEU Department of Philosophy cordially invites you to a talk
(as part of its Departmental Colloquium series)
by
John Martin Fischer (California - Riverside)
on
`The Irrelevance of Counterfactual Intervention`

Tuesday, 6 November, 2012, 5.30 PM, Zrinyi 14, Room 412

ABSTRACT

Here I give the basic motivation for an "actual-sequence" theory of moral responsibility, according to which an agent can be morally responsible even though he or she never had freedom to do otherwise.  Moral responsibility is a matter of how we walk down the path of life, not whether we have various paths open to us.