[MaFLa] invitation to a philosophy talk on `High-level Perception and Perceptual Mindreading` by Somogy Varga - Tuesday, 2 October,3.30 PM, Nádor 15, Room 103

Krisztina Biber Biberk at ceu.edu
Fri Sep 28 12:50:29 CEST 2018

The CEU Department of Philosophy cordially invites you to a talk
(as part of its Departmental Colloquium series)
by
Somogy Varga (University of Memphis)
on
High-level Perception and Perceptual Mindreading

Tuesday, 2 October, 2018, 3.30 PM, Nádor 15, Room 103

ABSTRACT

According to what we could call the Perceptual Account of Mindreading (PA), appropriately endowed observers are sometimes able to visually perceive that someone is angry. In this talk, I first explore the merits and limitations of the main strategies that have been employed to defend PA. Subsequently, I present and defend a version of PA, according to which some mental properties can be observational properties.

Krisztina Biber
Department of Philosophy
Coordinator
[cid:OVEDYNFBBWLB.IMAGE1.img]
Central European University
Nador u. 9. | 1051 Budapest, Hungary
Office: + 36.1.327.3806[resource://skype_ff_extension-at-jetpack/skype_ff_extension/data/call_skype_logo.png]
biberk at ceu.edu<mailto:biberk at ceu.edu> | www.ceu.edu<http://www.ceu.edu>